Monday, October 24, 2011

Garden update 10-24-11

Well its 5 weeks since I planted my little gardenette.
This was taken on Sept 19, 2011. Its actually about 5 days old here.


This was taken this morning. The blank space on the front has more turnips that are about an inch tall now.
Can you believe how quickly it has grown??? Ive got about 25 tomatoes on the vines and bout a collander full of green beens on the vine.


Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! cucumbers!! I may have to protect them from the frost if they dont ripen in time.

I have mustard, collards and a couple of types of lettuce in the hoop house that have just sprouted their heads up. I'll get a pic next time for you. dont know what i was thinking when I put mustard and collard seeds in there...lol.. Ive got maybe 50 little plants. I'll thin those when they get about 3 inches tall... they make good munching on. And my sweet peas are climbing the trellis. I'll post pics next time.

OH.. wait... ive got something... brb
In this if you can see the little white roots right above the lettering. I plucked these suckers from the tomato vines outside. It is my plan to plant these in the hoop house so that i can have tomatoes in the winter.

These are two small little sucker plants that I have rooting. 3Days!!!! thats all it took was 3 days for little roots to sprout. Im going to put these in the hoop house as well. Soo much easier than seed!!

Have a great day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment