Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Homemade peanut butter

Not sure if its the fear of all those words in peanut butter that I cannot pronounce or the fact I can make it so much cheaper but either way... here goes my first stab at peanut butter.
2 cups of dry roasted peanuts.

The roasting smells sooooooooooo good. Just spread 2 cups of organic peanuts.. not that GMO stuff... that stuff scares me, on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350. Shake every once in a bit to move them around. I pulled the skins off too.
This is about 2 minutes of processing, but it will ball up if you let it run. Now.. i put 1 tbsp of peanut oil in at this point. It was just a tad too much oil. Gonna try 1 tsp at a time next time. I didn't add sugar at all. And after tasting it.. it really didn't need sugar or corn syrup

From 2 cups of peanuts yielded just over 2 cups of peanut butter. Fresh peanut butter with no hydrogenated stuff or high fructose corn syrup.
This is what I did with some of the Peanut butter
I added a stick of butter to 1/2 cup of PB, a little vanilla, flour, and egg and 1 cup of sugar
POOF... yummy cookies for the Veterans Day thing tomorrow night


No comments:

Post a Comment